Sunday, January 9, 2011

2011 Most Anticipated

2011 is a year poised for greatness in the world of gaming. Industry heavy hitters such as the Elder Scrolls franchise poised for new releases this year. Barring a rash of delays at the back end of the year we should all be very happy. With such a great year ahead of us, here are my most anticipated games of 2011 and a small blurb about why.

Dragon Age II

If you were to look across a list of my top games a common thread would begin to develop: Bioware. I am unashamed of my love for all games made by the Canadian developer. I trust fully in what they make, and pray they never betray that trust. Even so it would probably still only end up like this.

Mass Effect 3

The Mass Effect series is firmly perched atop my list of top 360 games (and maybe overall), and looks down upon everything else. As the conclusion of the Mass Effect Trilogy and my earlier profession of love for Bioware it would be safe to say that this is THE most anticipated game of 2011 for me. Also, Mass Effect for the Star Wars of my generation!

Star Wars: The Old Republic
Yes, another Bioware developed game. My love of Bioware actually started with a game that made by another developer. That game is Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords. Not Bioware developed, but based off of their engine and formula, and helped kick start my enjoyment of the Star Wars universe. I waited patiently for news of a KOTOR 3, but instead I get an MMO. I’m not complaining, and I will be there day one.

Lord of the Rings: War in the North

It’s not so much that I care about Lord of the Rings, but more so that I want to see if Snowblind Studios still has the magic that made the Champions of Norrath series so addicting for my friends and me in high school. Many a sleepless night was spent on co-op as we grinded through levels for better loot. It has been a long time since their last release of Justice League: Heroes back in 2006.

Rage

This represents the graphic whore in me. The id Tech 5 engine has this game looking beautiful, and I can’t wait to get my hands on it.

The Last Guardian

Team ICO makes games with great art style, and amazing emotional appeal for me. I have only played Shadow of the Colossus which was an epic adventure that tugged at the heart strings. With the release of the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus collection this year I will get to enjoy these two amazing games in HD before the Last Guardian arrives.

Honorable Mention
Homefront, Gears of War 3, Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Kings of Amular: Reckoning, Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Leaves comments on the blog or e-mail me at curseofspin@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment